Join me LIVE at Adobe MAX!
I can't believe #AdobeMax 2016 is here! The main keynote sessions start Wednesday, Nov 2 and it is going to be live-streamed here. First, check out the promo below to see what artists will be live at #AdobeMax:
Below is the full schedule & times of all breakout sessions I will be attending and live tweeting from with #AdobeMax. If you are interested in any of them, be sure follow along for key insights from the session. I've also included the level of each session in [brackets]. (Descriptions below are taken from adobe-max.com.)
DAY 1 Wednesday, Nov. 2
- 9:30am - 11:30am PST Opening Keynote. Watch Adobe unveil major innovations in the world's best creative apps across desktop, mobile, community and marketplace.
- 1:45pm - 3:00pm PST After Effects: An Exploration of Tips, Tricks and Techniques by Ian Robinson, Creative Director of SoftBox Media LLC. [ADVANCED] Topics to learn: Advanced keyframe manipulation in the graph editor, advanced shape layers and path animation techniques, mastering masks and mask interpolation, techniques to streamline and organize your daily workflow, third-party scripts and effects designed to speedup your workflow.
- 3:30pm - 4:45pm PST Cutting Through The Clutter on YouTube by Sara Dietschy, Adobe Creative Resident. [GENERAL AUDIENCE] Learn how to produce and curate your own videos and find an audience that's waiting to see your stuff. Adobe Creative Resident Sara Dietschy will share how to add value to your YouTube Videos by helping you leverage your unique passions, curate your content effectively, develop a memorable brand identity, engage with and keep your audience, gather tips and tricks to stylize and edit video using tools such as Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop. I'm really excited to meet, Sara!
- 5:15pm - 6:30pm PST After Effects: The Basics of Text Animation by Luisa Winters, Adobe Certified Instructor and Independent Consultant. [BEGINNER] Luisa will cover tips and tricks to make your text animation better, easier and more effective. You'll learn about Animating text on a path (2D & 3D), Adding text animators, the wiggly selector, masking text, 3D text, and tips and tricks.
DAY 2 Thursday, Nov. 3
- 8:15am - 9:30am PST Quick Tips to Produce Social Media Campaigns with Video by Maxim Jago, Director at Maxim. [BEGINNER] Let Mezim, Master Trainer and award-winning filmmaker take you from your mobile phone to your public, using Creative Cloud video applications to create great social media videos. Learn how to get great shots with minimum effort, capture the essence of story, use multiple creative video applications with minimum fuss and maximum impact.
- 10:00am - 11:30am PST - Day 2 Keynote. Watch online. featuring, Janet Echelman (Artist and President of Studio Echelman), Lynsey Addario, (Photographer at National Geographic), Quentin Tarantino (Writer/Director), and Zac Posen (Fashion Designer).
- 12:45pm - 2:00pm PST Becoming an Expert in Lightroom by Chris Orwig, Photographer, Author & Instructor at ChrisOrwig.com. [INTERMEDIATE] Learn how to optimize the import process, hard-drive, catalog and backup strategies, how to create and use presets, make selective adjustments, shortcuts, speed tips, and how to export and share your photos like a pro.
- 2:30pm - 3:45pm PST Creating Your Own Virtual Reality Video by Dave Helmly (Head of Global DVA Field Operations at Adobe), Lucas Wilson (Founder of Supersphere VR), and Karl Soule (Senior Technology Manager at Adobe). [INTERMEDIATE] Learn the best camera options for VR, How to use Adobe Premiere Pro as the hub of your VR/360 video creations, which plug-ins will help you create the video you want and one that viewers will watch over and over again. Also learn what types of audio set-ups you will need to get the best quality sound.
- 4:15pm - 5:30pm PST Demystifying Log, Raw, and HDR Video by Robbie Carman, Colorist/Author/Adobe Master Trainer, DC Color. [INTERMEDIATE] Learn how log video lets you protect highlight and shadow detail, raw video and why it's not all that different from raw photography. Learn about HDR video and how it is different from HDR photography. Also, learn about color correction workflows for low, raw, and HDR editing.
- 6:00pm - 7:30pm PST MAX Sneaks - Join Jordan Peele to learn about what may be in the future of Adobe products from within the Adobe development labs.
- 7:30pm - 10:30pm MAX Bash - Join me for some live video and photos of the MAX Bash for food, drinks, and great live music!
DAY 3 Friday, Nov. 4
- 8:30am - 9:45am Audio is Half the Picture: Getting Great Mixes with Premiere Pro & Audition by Jason Levine, Principal Creative Cloud Evangelist at Adobe. [BEGINNER] Learn how to do quick audio editing from the essential sound panel, identify problems with sound before you begin mixing (pops, and plosives), and how to deliver audio in multiple formats and choose the right one for the right destination. Jason is already at MAX and he is loving San Diego:
- 10:15am - 11:30am Get Home in Time for Dinner! Advanced Timesaving Workflows in Premiere Pro by Jarle Leirpoll, Trainer at Jarle Leirpoll Film & Video Production. [ADVANCED] Jarle will help you edit faster! Learn about the power of the bin, storyboarding and top and tail editing for superfast rough cuts, pancake timelines, stack your timelines to work much faster, learn how to auto-sync your dual-system sound clips in one go, and learn about custom presets to make your edit turn around faster.
- 12:45pm - 2:00pm Creating a Documentary Film: An Inside Look at Take Me Home Huey by Christine Steele, Steele Pictures Studios, Inc. [GENERAL AUDIENCE] Christine will teach you how her film "Take Me Home to Huey" was concepted and created. Why After Effects was used to animate video and artwork for proof of concept fundraising? Learn her Premiere Pro workflow.
- 2:30pm - 3:45pm Be Your Own Marketer and Expand Your Social Footprint by Thibault Imbert, Growth, Adobe Spark. [GENERAL AUDIENCE] Learn best practices for building a community around your brand or product, tricks to see rapid growth in your online community, advantages and limitations of each social network so you can make informed decisions.
- 4:15pm - 5:30pm Video 2026: What the Future Holds for Video Creatives by Dave Werner, Senior Experience Designer at Adobe. [GENERAL AUDIENCE] Dave will cover predictions on how to prepare for where video is headed in the future, both as a creator and consumer. He will identify which technologies seem more hype than substance and several prospects that may not be on your radar yet. He will show innovative examples of new video paradigms and which tools creators can check out to add to their workflows.
If you are going to #AdobeMax be sure to download the mobile app to keep track of your schedule:
I look forward to seeing some of you there in person!
Premiere Gal was given a free ticket from Adobe to attend Adobe MAX in San Diego. Thanks, Adobe, for your support!